Sunday, February 11, 2007

Procrastination Over

At last, I have begun my blog. I teach Body Pump. Today, I couldn't seem to keep my brain ahead of my mouth and kept cueing what seemed like three moves ahead of everything. I always try to mix up the music and have a goal for each track. I thought today was just awful, but SO many people came up afterward to say how much they appreciated/liked/loved a wide variety of things. Either they really did like it, or they realised how bad it was and were trying to make me feel better. I LOVE MY PEEPS!
We also had a big meeting for our 600 mile EMS Memorial Bike Ride in May. There are seven of us from Austin Travis County EMS who will be riding. The group wants to stand on street corners begging for money. I have mixed feeling about this. I have done this for MDA (fill the boot) and (secretly) it is fun when perfect strangers, trustingly give you money. On the other hand, I abhor the panhandlers begging for money (even the honest ones that say, "need money for beer/crack/weed"). But, when one of the group suggested a stationary cycle and the involvement of a radio station saying we will be at a certain location.... well, I love a show!
The EMS Memorial Bike Ride is from NYC to Roanoke, Virginia. The memorial itself doesn't have a home and that is the point of raising money and awareness for the memorial.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I'm so happy you finally started your bog ... how fun!

Jamie said...

Yeah!!!!! Great start to your blog. You're gunna love it!