Sunday, February 18, 2007

Disturbing

Something very disturbing today and something to think about. On the way to pick up my new bike, I passed a car with it's blinkers on. It was on the MoPac flyover just before the top, while there are still two lanes. As I neared, I wondered if I should pull behind, turn on my blinkers and see about pushing the vehicle to the crest so they could coast down. But I didn't because I thought it wasn't a very safe place to be at all. So, an hour and a half later, on my way to teach a class I passed the closed intersection. The flyover and 290 were closed. I am not going to tell you the rest because I haven't been able to find any news reports on EXACTLY what did happen. I will say that I wonder what would have happened had I stopped. Something entirely different maybe and maybe I wouldn't be writing this now. Makes you think about how a few seconds, a turn, a stop, a fill-in-the-blank, can change everything.

No comments: