Monday, August 20, 2007

Lattice Entertain Mom


I worked a "payback" yesterday at a relatively slow station. We had one call around 1, didn't do anything until midnight and then got up at 0530 for a serious medical call. We got "stuck" on the truck for an hour and a half past shift change (0700). During the lull of the afternoon and evening, I watched at least 4 episodes of CSI on Spike TV. While I was lazing at work, Cy and Kimberly were busy at the house... After work, I hung around the Pflugerville/Round Rock area, drinking Starbucks and reading Suzie's next book, My Sister's Keeper (only a few pages into it, and the story is a keeper - this is going to be a GREAT read). I taught a Body Pump class at the Hester's Crossing gym, stopped at the grocery store and then home. Cy and Kimberly bought me a new rose bush and mentioned it. They didn't say anthing about the new lattice over the deck. I think I was home at least an hour before I noticed it. So while I was chilling at the station, they were busy in the back yard trimming the rest of the vines, ripping out the rotted plywood and adding the lattice. The picture is at night, but isn't it pretty? Wow! C&K are soooooo cool!

1 comment:

Casa De Galletti said...

Suzanne would have liked it if they had used the lattice from her new back porch.