Monday, November 12, 2007

Missing

C&K are all moved out and I sure do miss them. I have kept myself busy though, putting away things that have been in boxes or shoved in spaces for at least 3 and ½ years. Of course, I have also rearranged the furniture. (I used to do this all the time, especially when no one was home. That way they would come home and… surprise! Usually a good surprise, except when they all came home after dark. Some people redecorate, I rearrange).
Anyway, I have found only a handful of things left behind by C&K. The best so far are the nalgene bottles. I have filled both of them every day for work. One bottle goes on the “truck” with me and one stays in the station. Very nice reminders of C&K.
And I thought of a new term to describe people who are welcome in many places by many people and have many homes they can go to whenever they want – the homefull.
Next week I hope to utilize one of the things they intentionally left behind. If I do, I’ll post a picture for you.

1 comment:

C & K said...

We miss you too! glad to hear you're making good use of the water bottles. It took us a while to think about what we intentionally left behind, but we have you figured out! Can't wait to see the pick. Love, CK