Sunday, August 8, 2010

Saltillo, Dia Seis (último dia)


The photo is from our graduation on Thursday. And here is a link to a newspaper article. They quote me in there somewhere, but I am sure (though nice) that isn't exactly what I said...

We left Saltillo around 930 Saturday morning. Riding with us, were 3 Catrina's

I wish I had a picture of the three of them as they are pretty spectacular. One of them belongs to Donald and the other two are going to the Mexic-Arte Museum here in Austin.

We spent about an hour at the border. I can't imagine how hot it must be for the vendors who are out there all day or for the people in cars with no AC. It was hot even with AC, but impossible to complain since we had it so easy.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. I think our group melded quite well and I am anticipating the next trip. Monday night, I made a call with a Spanish-speaking only patient and family and I felt MUCH more comfortable with my Spanish. Later on, we went to a house where they only spoke Burmese - ummmm....
Indeed, I feel humbled by our host's generosity and hope that when I do return, I will be able to bring back a lot more than t-shirts and patches and stuff. Not that every firefighter in the world doesn't love that stuff. I just think I can do better.



No comments: