Sunday, June 14, 2009

San Diego

I had a great visit with Cy these last three days. The only thing that could have made it better was to have had Kimberly there. I could tell Cy was missing her.
Of course this means I will just have to make another trip very soon!

The weather was really nice and I only needed the one sweater I packed. We played disc golf and rode the bikes up to the cliffs (I felt like the wicked witch of the west riding in that upright way with a basket on the bike, even if it was on the front). Cy smoked me at Scrabble and I busted my ass on the beach on a mossy rock (you would think that I had learned better by now. Once again, I sacrificed my elbows to save my head). Cy cooked some super fantastic steak bites -twice! Rick and Celeste ate dinner with us one night. We went for a long hike to a waterfall that you wouldn't expect to find in the middle of a lot of rocks and dry looking stuff (I didn't fall this time), and Cy got to practice his snake handling skills three times. We had Mom's apple pie in Julian and fed C-Lo lots of yummy greens.

I can't figure out how to get Cy's picture off of my phone and onto here because the phone is NOT an I phone. I will try to post from the video later this week, but I have to buy a cable first. So, be looking for that and check back often.

In the meantime, here is the progress from before I left and a tiny bit tonight. I also had to put those rocks I told Cy about up there tonight as Suzy says something got in there and ate some eggs. Okay, Cy, I will see you and Kimberly soon!! I love you lots and lots and lots. XXXX OOO

No comments: