Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Butterflys and The Bees

A couple of weeks ago, this is what was happening in the back yard.
These are the early variety of peach
tree. The others have yet to bloom, but I think they have all survived the drought. I gave each of
them water 20 minutes at a time, at a very slow rate at least once a week last year. I explained to these poor trees that they would have to be strong and make it through the drought with only the minimum of assistance from me. So under the stress of drought, they have also had to fend off insects and disease. At least one of the trees has antler scrapings from deer. Anyway, wish I could have gotten a really clear picture of the bees. There were so many and they were so busy. Funny thing that while I was watching these guys, I was talking to my friend Wendy and she knows about bees. She left her beehive at her mother's house and she's thinking about getting into bees again. I encouraged her and promised to split expenses. Do we need a farm???? Oh, retirement, where are you!?

No comments: