Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Buffetted

I drove to Houston for a meeting. It was less than 30 minutes. At the end of the meeting, what most people were waiting for: "Okay, bar's open!"
I left. My timing was perfect. I listened to weather warnings from about Hruska's. At Brodie, I hit big rain drops. At Monterey Oaks, high wind. At the "Y", wind, rain and visibility of about 2 car lengths. The last time I drove through weather like this (while NOT on duty) was Hurricane Juan (I picked up a soaked, black leather-clad hitchhiker somewhere between NO and BR and dropped him off at Highway 6 and I-10. He had hitchhiked to NO because he had never seen a hurricane before and wanted to see one. Hey it was scary and I needed company and he was scary, but less scary than the storm. But I digress). By the time I got to my front door, it was a nice soft rain.

No comments: