Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Year


No, I didn't make any New Year's resolutions...officially. But I have planned out several posts over the next few weeks. Today is a picture of a new project. Later in the week, I will publish "How to Make Fresh Yogurt." After that I am starting a once a month winner of the "You Called 911 Because ????!!" I will not violate HIPPA for those posts. Until then:


Here is a pic of the hole I shaved in the ground to accommodate the beautiful palm Suz dug up out of their yard. At least I was encouraged when I got to the bottom and found roots from other plants. This soil is so compact I was worried about trying to grow anything there. When I get the rest of my dream deck built, this little tree will be the beginning of a lush, year-round green spot. This spot will require little watering and yet not be overly flammable since it is close to the house. Yes, I tested this palm. I struck a match to one of it’s apparently drier leaves. It wouldn’t light. So then I lit about 5 matches at once and held them there until the leaf caught fire. But as soon as the matches were removed, the fire died out. I’ll publish the palm pic tomorrow.

No comments: